OPEN LETTER TO JOS ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS ORGANIZERS By GENIAl KYIM.

By Lumidy's Blog NG - Friday, December 01, 2017

OPEN LETTER TO JOS ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS ORGANISERS By GENIAl KYIM.







First of all, i must commend you guys for your great and persistent effort towards promoting the entertainment industry in jos. But at the same time I have to say a thing or two about the nomination list that was released.Judging from the award nomination, I fel some individuals (entertainer) who distinguished themselves in various aspects of entertainment where not captured (nominated).

Permit me to criticize the JEAWARDS nomination list that was released about 2weeksback.Jos has been known to be the capital of entertainment in Nigeria, and diz great city has produced great entertainers (let's not go deep into name calling) . And has a thousand and one upcoming artiste ( rappers singers).

Your nomination list claimed to have covered all genre of entertainment but you gaveone category to gospel aspect of entertainment while a large chunk went to the secular aspect of entertainment.

 In the year 2016 and 2017, we've seen great gospel entertainers like yomi leach, Abigial mfom , DUNG kaze Clinton Chaze and more who are the young denzel of gospel music not been nominated.Gospel album of the year was not been captured some notable gospel artiste have released their various masterpieces but where not been nominated for an award.

I feel your search light did not shine well on the gospel entertainers but rather you focused your time and energy on the world entertainers, why?For the top shooting stars category, I was hoping I would see notable names like Bezalel, Trace, victorious Icon, Bizakeem, crinerry. I feel diz individuals have impacted postivitely on the in the industry in jos other than the likes of Blackah, Bella and Efe that where nominated.....I also see no reason why 16 music producers will be nominated for one category which is 'Music producer of the year ' I feel there are way too much and there are certain producers that ought not to be on that category.
No name calling but i feel the organizers ought to have scrutinise that category in other to have less and credible nominees for that category.some certain individuals where nominated for a particular category that I feel it oughtnot to be.Am trying not to be bias here but I feel the likes of 'Crazy bless' and 'Noble Icon' who where nominated for the 'next rated music producer' ought not to be in that category.
Reason been that Crazybless nd Noble Icon are "Household names" when it comes to the music scene in Jos.Still in the spirit of criticism, I feel some certain artiste and songs ought not to be nominated.A song like 'murda' by Zara was nominated for the song of the year category. If I know my music history well, Zara released murda in the year 2015 ( I stand to be corrected), if am right, why is these same song been nominated for an award in 2017?Also the likes ofPraise.comwas nominated for the 'next rated comedian' Which I feel is uncall for reason been that PraiseDotCom has Been in dey comedy industry to be nominated for such category.
The likes of Stephen Nansoh (Snow) Was nominated for the ' Best OAP male. Due to my frequent listening to radio, I found out that Snow has been off Radio and has ceased to be an OAP but rather a music promoter.I feel the organizers ought to have done proper research on their nominees before nominating them for certain category.Also if JEAwards claims to have covered all aspect of entertainment in Jos, I see no reason why the movie industry wasnt captured in the nomination list. No attention was paid to the movie industry.
From the numerous comments have read from lovers of entertainment in Jos about these nomination list, nobody has spoken about the credibility of Jeawads.Awards of various magnitude has come and gone, some of which are still standing the test of time and some are not credible and full of corruption.Permit me to doubt the credibility of these awards, reason been that is no point infusing an online voting system to the awards if fans and loves of entertainment can vote more than once for their various artiste in various categories. We are in a democratic setting where 'one man one vote' is the order of the day. I feel the same system ought to have been replicated in JEAWARDS.To the best of my knowledge, I feel I have effectively pass across a great advice to the organizers of these prestigious awards. Together we work hand in hand to make the entertainment industry better and stronger .Yours truly Genial kyim

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments