Poem: "Don't touch her" by Deuce

By Deuce - Sunday, January 20, 2019


I'm helpless to stop this beating in my chest
I'm blinded by sadness hidden by greif
I've seen change like day to night
He was once my lighthouse what happened to his light
Kisses turned bruises
I now see the thorns in the roses
I'm helpless to stop you, I give it my best

I'm able, I'm in control! she should know
I'm the man, disrespect should not be condoned
Love and power both have their time to be shown
She caused it, this way she'll learn
What happened to the spark that made us yearn?
We will be happy after tough love
I'm the man, is this the only way to let her know?

He took my breath away, now he's the death of me
What was breathtaking feels like choking
My eyes turn red, but not from smoking
My eyes feel smaller from the tears I cried
Our Kids ask me what's wrong, I say nothing they look at me knowing I've lied
Love has turned bitter
He took my breath away, i feel he might now be dead to me

*You're the woman I'm the man
+So your fist is what makes u man?

*Your place is in the kitchen
+Yeah go on and say it, coward, at least in this house the fowl I cooked is not the chicken

*A woman shouldn't speak
+A man should be meek

*You're my wife
+You're my husband not a jailer
Now I look in your eyes and see a stranger

^My neighbors what's going in I heard screams
*Stay out of it this is between i and the mother of my daughter
^I will but if you call yourself a man then please don't touch her



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments